Pages

Friday, July 7, 2017

Neat and Tangled July Release

My DT package from Neat and Tangled with all the new July release products arrived literally 3 days before I had the baby, so I already had it pre-arranged that I might not be able to contribute very much this month. But you know what? I haven't been able to help myself! The new sets are so cute and so usable that as soon as the kids are all in bed I've been in my craft room whipping up a few samples for you all (and lets be honest - crafting is my form of therapy, so it's been for me too!)


First up is this birthday card I made for my nephew who turned 7 this week. It features the stamp and die set called "Puppy's Favourite Things". My favourite thing about this set is the little die that cuts grooves under the his paws so you can make him hold any of these things. So many options!


Tough choices, but I went with the little present this time around.


I didn't consciously plan it, but after I coloured the dog in blue and put him on a blue background I realised that I had perfectly coordinated him with the new sequin mix called "Starry Night" so I scattered some of them around too.



My second card was so much more of a struggle and I seriously had to rework it about three times, but I finally got it to resemble something passable.....


Not that it was fault of the stamps - after all, look at this set! It's called "You Are a Gem" and is definitely on-trend. In fact, I think the reason I struggled with it was because I had so many ideas in my head they kept trying to all make their way onto a card at once and it was too much!


But once I simplified my ideas it was much better! And I do love those brightly saturated jewel tones I used in the background.


Next up is this card I created featuring a few of the new products mixed together.


The main focal point is this fabulous sentiment set called "Together" which is so versatile for making so many different variations for your title.


On this occasion I actually used the coordinating die set to cut out the word 'together' (I love that it comes with a die to cut out the actual word, as well as a die to cut out the shadow behind it) and matched it with the stamped phrase beneath it.


I also used the new "Modern Triangles" stencil to ink the background with. And if you're a fan of this geometric design you'll be happy to know it comes in a coverplate die version as well ;-)


Lastly I wanted to share these quick and simple cards I made in bulk (seriously... I made 12 of them!) for the girls to give to all their school teachers at the end of term last week.


It was also the girls last day at their current school. Since we moved house a couple of weeks ago we've needed to move the girls to a school that's closer to home, so after 5 and a half years there we had to say goodbye. It definitely warranted a bunch of cards for everyone.


So I couldn't have been happier to get the "Schoolhouse" stamp set at the exact time I needed them! Since I was making so many cards I stuck to a very simple design, and by creating this faux-chalkboard look I stuck to the theme!


So what's your favourite from the new release? And if you can't make up your mind, remember that there's always a GET IT ALL option! LOL! ;-)

The new release is now live in the Neat and Tangled shop right HERE.

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails